Published on: December 14, 2022
Bahria University invites applications from suitable candidates for the post of Senior Scientific Officer (Aquatic Diagnostic Research Center) at Bahria University Karachi Campus
- Preferably D in Molecular Biology/ Genetics/ Bio-Chem/ Bio-Medical.
- 02 years of relevant field experience with at least one year’s structured training in a suitable medical laboratory.
- Knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Services.
- Aptitude for biology, molecular and chemistry sciences.
- Excellent IT skills.
Senior Scientific Officer shall be responsible of the following tasks:
- Food/molecular, microbiology examining and identifying bacteria and other microorganisms causing disease or hazardous levels.
- Clinical chemistry preparing specimens and analyzing the chemical test.
- Collecting, typing, and preparing reports.
- Molecular studies of the structures, functions, and identification of the different types of viral diseases. Virology Identifying infections such as WSSD, IHHNV
- Histopathology examining tissue samples. Preparing slides of tissue and examining them microscopically for abnormalities.
- Immunology examining elements of the immune system and its response to foreign bodies/antibiotics.
- Analyzing the chemical reactions to determine concentrations of compounds.
- Prepared media/chemicals for test preparation under Unit head guidance.
- Assisting in the production and updating of laboratory documentation, particularly relating to policies and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain and update documents for the certification/accreditation record.
- Public dealing with vendors and Purchasing of chemicals/ media/ equipment.
- Ensuring the service is provided in an accurate, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Publish research articles and apply for funding of the research project.
- Any other task assigned.
Candidates having degrees from HEC recognized National/International Universities are eligible to apply.
Please visit our website bahria.edu.pk/jobs to download job application form.
Brief CVs along with application form (Hard Copy), are to reach HR Office through UMS or TCS only by 22 December 2022.
Only short-listed candidates, shall be called for test/ interview.