Bahria University invites applications from suitable candidates for the post of Scientific Officer (Aquatic Diagnostic Research Center) at Bahria University Karachi Campus.
- Masters degree in Microbiology/Bio-Chemistry.
- 02 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Clinical Laboratory Services
Scientific Officer shall be responsible of the following tasks:
- Ability to work in food/medical laboratory, can differentiate in marine plant and animal.
- Label specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate department
- Perform quality control as directed by laboratory Sr. Scientific officer (SSO)
- Field visit and sample collection as per directions.
- Dispatch reports as per procedure.
- Oversee specimen collection and transfer activities
- Process sample for giving ID and store when received at the ADRC.
- Workload recording
- Chemical hygiene and/or lab safety procedures
- Oversees rotation of samples
- Maintain that orders are flowing in a proper manner.
- Keep the Sr. Scientific Officer informed of all activities and personnel problems.
- Maintain that all aspects of processing and handling of all specimens are carried out in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
- Prepare inventory for orders.
- Monitor supplies and inventory for areas of the lab as directed by the SSO.
- Enforce and follow all laboratory safety rules and reports any possible hazards/ malfunctioning of any lab equipment to the Sr. Scientific Officer.
- Coordinates in the timely, efficient and proper unpacking and putting away of supplies and inventory.
- Processes all laboratory test requisitions and specimens quickly, efficiently, and appropriately.
- Organizes own work for effective utilization of time.
- Perform Research work and produce publications.
- Any other task assigned.
Candidates having degrees from HEC recognized National/International Universities are eligible to apply.
Please visit our website bahria.edu.pk/jobs to download job application form.
Brief CVs along with application form (Hard Copy) are to reach HR Office through UMS or TCS only by 06 December 2022
Only short-listed candidates, shall be called for test/ interview.