POSITION VACANT : MANAGER TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION SUPPORT CENTER – BUHO
Category: Jobs Old
Published on: May 18, 2023
Published on: May 18, 2023
- Minimum Masters (18 Years of education) or preferably a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field such as engineering, science, technology, or the law.
- Relevant professional experience of 5-10 years in fields of IP management, technology transfer, entrepreneurship, or business development is required. Experience working with start-ups, SMEs, research institutions, or government agencies is mandatory.
TORs & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Terms of Reference for Incharge TISC include:
- Facilitate the transfer and dissemination of technology and innovation information to FMs/Researchers/Students/start-ups.
- Provide access to information and resources related to IP protection and technology commercialization by creating a favorable environment for innovation and entrepreneurship across all BU campuses.
Raise awareness about Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) through:
- Development and implementation of training programs to enhance the capacity of FMs/Researchers/Students/start-ups in technology and innovation management, including patent searching and analysis, technology transfer, and intellectual property (IP) commercialization.
- Provision of patent and technology information services to FMs/Researchers/Students/start-ups including patent searching, patent landscaping, and technology mapping.
- Administer the implementation of laws relevant to Intellectual Property Management.
- Examining patent applications, examining trademark applications and trademarks, and disseminating patent and trademark information to researchers.
- Evaluate inventions for the commercial potential for the requirement for future protection of intellectual property.
- Develop and maintain a database of BU intellectual property assets, including patents, trademarks, and designs, to support innovation and IP commercialization of BU.
- Provide legal and technical support to all FMs/Researchers/Students in IP-related matters, including patent drafting, filing, and prosecution, as well as IP licensing and enforcement.
- Maintain close liaison with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Intellectual Property Organization of Pakistan (IPO Pakistan) and other related agencies.
- Facilitate future licensing of registered patents to faculty members whilst safeguarding the financial interest of BU and researchers.
- Promote collaborations between local stakeholders and international partners, including technology transfer agreements, research partnerships, and joint ventures.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of TISC on local innovation and IP commercialization, and prepare periodic reports and recommendations to Dte. of RIC-BUHO.
- Any other duty assigned by Director RIC and Pro-Rector (RIC).
- Candidates having degrees from HEC-recognized National/ International Universities are eligible to apply.
- Please visit our website bahria.edu.pk/jobs to download the job application form (Faculty)
- Brief CVs along with the application form (Hard Copy), are to reach HR, Head Office Islamabad through Courier only by 23 May 2023.
- Only short-listed candidates shall be called for a test/interview