POSITION VACANT : HEAD OF DEPARTMENT BUSINESS STUDIES – BUKC
Category: Jobs Old
Published on: May 12, 2023
Published on: May 12, 2023
- Ph.D. in Management Science/ Business Administration degree from an HEC-recognized University/ Institution.
- Preferably a base degree in Management Science/ Business Administration.
- 10 years overall or 05 years Post Ph.D. teaching/ research experience in HEC recognized University or a post-graduate Institution or professional experience in the relevant field in a National or International Organization.
- Preferably at least 02-year experience of National/ International level accreditation of Business School
- The applicant must have 10 research publications (with at least 04 publications in the last 05 years in the HEC recognized Journals).
- Candidates having 05 years’ of field/ administrative experience will be preferred.
The Faculty shall be responsible to the Head of the Campus through Principal/Director Academics CU for the academic and research excellence of the School, as under:
- Plan, conduct, and follow up accreditation visits of the department by the accreditation/ regulatory body and ensure successful accreditation of the programs run by the department.
- Convene and chair meetings of the Departmental Board of Studies (DBOS) for academic and research matters as required.
- Establish and supervise research cells of the Department for the coordination of research activities of faculty and students.
- Plan, conduct, and supervise faculty development plan in coordination with Dean/Principal and LPDC Directorate.
- Oversee preparation of curricula of respective subjects/ courses for each semester/ module.
- Recommend changes/ improvements in the curricula to bring them to par with the latest developments and in line with the University’s instructions on the subject/ course.
- Handle correspondence with the University through the respective Principal/ Director of Academics CU on academic matters pertaining to the respective Department.
- Prepare semester/ module schedules of respective academic programs.
- Prepare class lists and timetables, and allocate courses to the faculty members.
- Ensure that examination papers meet the required standard, are prepared in time by respective faculty members in accordance with the prescribed curriculum, and are submitted to DAcad-CU as per promulgated schedule.
- Coordinate with the Examinations Cell to schedule and conduct all examination
- Candidates having degrees from HEC-recognized National/ International Universities are eligible to apply.
- Please visit our website bahria.edu.pk/jobs to download the job application form (Faculty)
- Brief CVs along with the application form (Hard Copy), are to reach HR, Head Office Islamabad through Courier only by 21 May 2023.
- Only short-listed candidates shall be called for test/interview