PEEF has announced Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS) – Foreign Scholarship for PhD 2017 intake. PEEF has invited applications from eligible male and female Pakistani Nationals who have secured admission in Top 50 (subject wise) QS ranked universities of the world. This Scholarship is fully funded and will cover the cost of Tuition Fees, Boarding & Lodging Expenses & Air Fare. The subject areas for PhD are as follows:
- Life Sciences Medicine
- Engineering Technology
- Natural Sciences Social Sciences
- Arts Humanities
*Detailed list of preferred subject areas is available at www.peef.org.pk/phdscholarships.asp
Following is the eligibility criteria for SSMS – Foreign Scholarship 2017:
- Valid Ph.D admission offer from one of the Top 50 (Subject wise) Universities of the World (OS ranking)in preferred subject areas.
- Not less than 60% marks throughout the academic career.
- Declared monthly family income (including self, spouse and parents) is equal to or less than Rs. 200,000/-.
- Maximum age of 35 years on 31st March, 2017.
- Not availed any foreign scholarship in the past.
- Take up the scholarship in the year for which it is offered and the scholarship shall not be deferred to the next year.
- Existing permanent / regular faculty members of public sector teaching/educational institutions of Pakistan are not eligible to apply for Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS).
- Preference shall be given to the students having Punjab domicile, however a special quota has also been allocated for other provinces including AJK, Gilgit Baltistan (GB), FATA and ICT.
- To get admission in the University and apply for Visa is the responsibility of applicant. Decision of the Scholarship Selection Committee shall be final.
- PEEF reserves the right to reject any application or call off the whole selection process without assigning any reason.
Please check scholarships official site https://www.bahria.edu.pk/scholarships/
MASTER LEVEL PEEF SCHOLARSHIPS AT BAHRIA UNIVERSITY FOR FINANCIAL YEAR 2016-17
- Punjab Education Endowment Funds (PEEF), Government of Punjab has announced a new Master Level Scholarship Program under the title “Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS)” for Year 2016-17. The students of all Master Level programs who are enrolled in Spring 2016 & Fall 2016 semesters are eligible to apply under PEEF SSMS category.
- For SSMS, the eligibility criteria is as under:
- Pakistani National
- Secured at least 60% marks or a minimum CGPA of 2.5 in BA/B.Sc./B.COM/BS/BBA etc. examination held in 2014 to 2016 (Annual).
- Secured admission as a full time student in any program of Bahria University and currently registered/ enrolled student in Academic Year 2016-17.
- Declared monthly income of parents (from all sources) is equal or less than 75,000/-.
- Age limit at the time of application should not be more than 28 years.
- Not availing any other educational scholarship during the current academic year.
- Not a beneficiary of PM Fee Reimbursement Scheme.
- Besides fulfilling SSMS eligibility criteria, the prospective student must qualify the merit and Need criteria of the University.
- In this context, you are kindly requested to properly advertise “Shahbaz Sharif Merit Scholarships (SSMS)” in your respective campuses (through notice boards, campus website & class announcements) for all departments of Master Level degree programs. The list of applicants as per attached Format along with their application forms and other documents as mentioned in application form may please be forwarded to the office of undersigned before 25th November, 2016. Format for the lists of is attached here with as annex ‘A’
- PEEF SSMS Application Form (Annex ‘A’)
- Format of nominations (Annex ‘B’)
- Format of Fee information (Annex ‘C’)
For details of other scholarships please check http://www.bahria.edu.pk/scholarships
Safia Munir Malik
Assistant Director Student Affairs
Office of Student Affairs, BUHO
Bahria University, Islamabad
051-9260002 Ext 343