Revised Cash Awards Policy on Research Publications for Faculty & Students
Policy Number: BUORIC-P01
Effective Date: 7th May, 2013
Amendment Date: 20th November, 2016
Effective Date of Revised Policy: 1st January, 2017
Policy Title: Cash Awards for Publication of Research Papers/Books
Approval Authority: Competent Authority & HERC
- Higher Education & Research Committee (HERC)
- Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC)
- To promote the research culture at Bahria University by enhancing the research publications by the faculty and student of BU.
- The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan publishes, each year, the annual research output of the universities in which HEC ranks the universities on the basis of the research papers published under their university names in HEC Recognized Journals (included ISI-Indexed Impact Factor Journals).
- HEC every year retrieves the number of ISI-Indexed Impact Factor research papers published by the faculty members of the universities through ISI-Web of Knowledge.
- For the purpose of enhancing the annual research output of Bahria University, a policy on cash awards have been duly approved and implemented.
Scope: All BU researchers / faculty members and Scholars / Students of MS/MPhil & PhD can apply for this award.
- As per the approved policy, the Publication Fee and Cash Award should be paid for only those journal publications which are counted towards HEC University Ranking and BU Journals i.e. ISI-Indexed Journals with impact factor, HEC recognized “X” and “Y” category journals. ISI-Indexed journals without impact factor (that are not included in HEC recognized journals’ list) shall not be rewarded as those are not counted towards University Ranking. The Cash Awards are:
- Thomson Reuters/ISI Indexed with Impact Factor Journal Publication 50,000/-
(HEC Recognized “W” Category Journal)
- HEC Recognized “X” Category Journal 20,000/-
- HEC Recognized “Y” Category Journal 10,000/-
- BU Journal 10,000/-
- Students/Scholars of MS/MPhil & PhD programs at BU can also apply for the cash awards if they publish books and research papers in the above mentioned journals in future. However, for PhD Scholars, Cash Award shall be given to the publications which are subsequent to their mandatory research paper degree requirement.
- The revised policy for Cash Award will be applicable on the publications e.f. 1st January, 2017 onwards.
- In case of multiple authors from BU, only one faculty member can apply for the Cash Award with prior consent of Co-Authors from BU. NOC from Co-Authors is requested in prescribed Application Form for Cash Award (Form No. BUORIC-F01-A). Co – Authors from outside BU are not eligible for the Cash Award.
- Completely filled Cash Award Application Form (Form No. BUORIC-F01-A & Form No. BUORIC-F01-B ) supported with all the requisite documents duly endorsed by the respective Director / Principal Campuses / Institutes / Colleges shall be submitted to the Directorate of Quality Assurance for initial scrutiny and verification which will then be processed on file for the approval of the Competent Authority.
- Cash Award Application Form for Journal Publication (Form No. BUORIC-F01-A)
- Application Form for the Payment of Publication Fee (Form No. BUORIC-F04)