“To provide strategic and operational support to the University’s research activities / programs, while playing a central role in facilitating University–Industry Linkages, Intellectual Property Management, Technology Transfer / Licensing and Commercialization of Research.”
In pursuit of this mission, Directorate of Research, Innovation & Commercialization has the responsibility of guaranteeing that all research programs and policies reflect the core values of academic freedom, professional integrity and ethical conduct and full compliance with all policies, legal requirements and operational standards of the university.
Keeping in view of the mission, following objectives have been laid out for ORIC:
- Establish and maintain a research culture at BU.
- Inculcate the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among BU researchers, both faculty and students.
- Ensure that the research pursued at BU has relevance to the industry, community and society.
- Commercialize R&D performed at BU.
- Promote industry focused multidisciplinary R&D.
- Promote training and education related to entrepreneurship and intellectual property.
- Be a catalyst for creation of new industries.
- Create job opportunities for BU graduates.
- Contribute towards achieving financial sustainability for BU.