1. BU Student’s Journey from A Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) to a full time Microsoft Inc. Employee
Rahber Ashraf’s interaction with Microsoft started when he was selected as Microsoft Student Partner representing Bahria University, Islamabad under the HEC-Microsoft Education Alliance Program. His passion for technology and being a Microsoft Student Partner (MSP) helped him learn more about Microsoft technologies. He wanted to help and propagate knowledge to others and that’s where Microsoft Pakistan team provided him with a jump start.
He delivered more sessions than any other MSP and was recognized by community and Microsoft as Community Speaker. His efforts finally paid-of and in September, 2014 and he was hired by Microsoft as MAC Technical. For him the road to success is consistency and putting all your efforts in what you want to do from hear.
2. Achievements of Bahria University’s student in Ethical Hacking
Ethical Hacking, which makes the information world more secure, is one way to change our country’s negative perception in the world. Mr. Rafay Baloch, student of BS (CS), Department of Computer Sciences – Bahria University Karachi Campus who made remarkable achievements in Ethical Hacking. The major achievements of the students in Ethical Hacking are as follows:
- The world’s leading information security publications have featured, Rafay Baloch, as one of the top Ethical Hackers in 2014.
- Check Marx, a source code analysis company based out of Tel Aviv, Israel, recognized Mr. Baloch as one of the world’s top five Ethical Hackers.
- The student was able to find glaring flaws in Android’s stock AOSP browser. Based on his research and discovery, his name has been added to the top Ethical Hackers in the world including from Israel, Egypt & Switzerland.
- He also discovered Google’s shift a few months ago and found several bugs in the old Android browser.