Policy Number: BUORIC-P03
Effective Date: 7 May, 2013
Amendment Date: 1 November, 2016
Policy Title: Best Student Researcher Award
Approval Authority: 12th HERC Meeting held at BUHQs on 7-8 May, 2013 vide Agenda Item No. 19 & Competent Authority
- Higher Education Research Committee (HERC)
- Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC)
The Best Student Researcher Award aims at encouraging and recognizing the research contributions of the outstanding research students of Bahria University. The incentives in terms of monetary award and certificate of appreciation are envisaged to enhance the quality of research carried out by the students of BU.
Scope: All BU students can apply for this award.
A Cash Award of Rs. 25,000/- along with a Certificate of Appreciation will be awarded to the Best Student Researcher of the calendar year in the following format:
|Award Category||No. of Awards|
(including IPP & NCPMR)
|Best Student Researcher Award||Medical
|i. Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences||1||1||
|ii. Faculty of Management and Social Sciences||1||1|
|iii. Faculty of Health Sciences||–||–||–||1||1|
Procedure and Conditions:
- ORIC shall launch the call for Best Student Researcher award after the end of a calendar year.
- The research endeavors of the students are to be quantified by the scoring sheet accompanying this document. The list of parameters is given below:
- Journal Publications
- Conference Publications
- Books Publications
- To be considered for the award, a student must have at least one ISI-IF journal publication or atleast one publication in HEC Recognized Journal.
All the research endeavors by the students of BU (enrolled) within the concerned calendar year shall be forwarded on the prescribed application form and scoring sheet (Section – 6 of the application form) in duly typed form to the ORIC through the HOD, Dean Faculty, Director Campus and DG Campus for further processing and approval by the Honorable Rector.
Application Form No: BUORIC-F03 (Download)