National Centre for Maritime Policy Research (NCMPR), Bahria University, was established at Karachi under the direction of Government of Pakistan in January 2007, as an institute of maritime policy research and to serve as think-tank for analysis and study of maritime affairs. It provides important guidelines and solutions for national stakeholders to meet challenges in the maritime domain.
Objectives of NCMPR
- Analyse national and international maritime issues.
- Assist government and private sector in developing policies and enhancing maritime cooperation.
- Promote maritime awareness amongst Pakistani people.
- Establish mutually beneficial linkages with similar organizations and academia.
- Establish a comprehensive library and data-bank on maritime matters.
- Organize and participate in maritime seminars and conferences.