Published on: January 18, 2017
ISLAMIC DEVELOPMENT BANK (IDB) MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME FOR HIGH TECHNOLOGY (MSP) FOR DOCTORAL STUDIES (PHD) & POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME
- HEC has advertised fully funded foreign scholarship for PhD and Post -Doctoral Program in favor of Pakistani Researchers/faculty titled “Islamic Development Bank (IDB) Merit Scholarship for PhD and Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program 2017-18”.
- The Scholarship details including objective, eligibility criteria, field of study, place of study, benefits & how to apply are mentioned in enclosed here with. The deadline to apply through HEC website: http://hec.gov.pk/english/scholarshipsgrants/lao/msp/Pages/default.aspx; is 27th January, 2017.
The objective of the programme is to develop technically qualified human resources in the IDB member countries by providing scholarships to promising and outstanding scholars and researchers to undertake advanced studies and research in the fields of applied science and technology needed for the development of the member countries.
The Programme is designed to help promising research students to pursue a full-time three-year Ph.D. study in scientific disciplines that enhance development in IDB member countries, with priority to Health / Medicine, Agriculture / Food Production, Water Resources / Desertification, Energy / Infrastructure Development, Nanotechnology and ICT for Development.
The Programme is also designed to help researchers to undertake a six-twelve month specific innovative post-doctoral research project to address a problem-solving matter in member countries such as Malaria, Corona, Ebola, Food production, Water Resources/Desertification, Energy, etc.
The scholarship covers the following benefits and entitlements:
- All academic expenses
- Living allowances
- Health Insurance
- Round trip air-tickets to and from place of study
- Conference Participation allowance
- Scientific Paper preparation allowance