Workshop on ‘’CV writing’’ was conducted for all Final Year BUKC Students at 9th March 2017, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm Fatima Jinnah Auditorium BUKC. It was 2 hours Interactive lecture-based session.
I would like to thanks Mr. Muhammad Talha Salam for conducting very useful session for BUKC students, LDC Director Mr. Shahid Haq to providing Karachi Campus valuable resource and MS Department BUKC without their coordination this session would not be successful.
Special thanks to Prof. Dr. Mustaghis ur Rehman, Mr. Mansoor Zakir, Mr. Farhan Sohail, Mr. Kamran Maqbool, Mr. Khurram Adeel, Ms. Erum, Dr. Mahruk, & one more faculty member.
MS dept. 95 %, Media dept. 6 %, EE dept. 2 %, C&SE dept. 2 % students were participated in this workshop.
This session covered following topics:
- Basics of CV writing
- Recognize the difference between a resume and a CV
- Explained how to use a functional resume versus a chronological resume
- Identify proper the format of a resume and content to include in a resume
- Strategies for improving current CV to identify the Keywords and Action Verbs
- Common issues regarding CV
- Other Career Documents
- Personal Branding – approaches and advantage
- Recognize the general types of cover letters
- & many more…
Mr. Muhammad Talha Salam is an alumnus of IBA, Karachi and NUST having more than 13 years of corporate and academia experience. He is also a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) from Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARW/CC). He has extensive experience of recruitment, CV writing and providing training in these areas. Currently he is pursuing PhD in Brunei Darussalam and conducts trainings for students and professionals intermittently.
Trainer portfolio link: https://about.me/talhasalam
Workshop pictures and brief power-point slide is attached.