Business Incubation Center, Bahria University Karachi Campus representation as a Panellist on “Big Money For Small Businesses”. This Panel discussion organized byJumpstart Pakistan & Lincoln through USAID and Startup KHI and held on 29 Jun 2019.
This event organized on Micro, Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (MSME) Day 2019, it is not only dedicated to raising awareness of the need for greater investment into small and mid-sized businesses in developing countries. It is also a celebration of the gigantic contribution, away from the spotlight, smaller companies make to the global economy.The purpose of this event was, smaller businesses can be agile in response to a changing world but their size also makes them vulnerable, which are as follows;
- Access to finance is a primary obstacle.
- Identifying international market opportunities and navigating trade-related procedures can be harder for small businesses than for their larger competitors.
- And with the goal of overcoming these challenges, the International Trade Center, the United Nations’ entity, works in the internationalization of micro and SMEs.
Event Panelists :
- Ms. Erum Abbasi, Director Center for Entrepreneurship & Innovation Development (CEID), DHA Suffa University,
- Mr. Fahad Ahmed, President of PMI Pakistan Chapter,
- Engr. Syed Rizwan Ali, Assitant Professor / Manager BIC, Bahria University Karachi Campus,
- Mr. Faraz Bandukda, Chief Executive at Al-Hilal Securities Advisors (Pvt.) Ltd. & Al Hilal Shariah Advisors (Pvt.) Limited,
- & Mr. Saqib Khan, Project Manager Specialist from USAID Pakistan
Event Guest Speakers:
- Mr. Azhar Rizvi, CEO and Director, Cambridge Advisors Network
- Ms. Sadaffe Abid, Founder CIRCLE. Social Entrepreneur. Advocate Women’s Leadership, Inclusion & Empowerment
- Mr. Ahmed Rauf Essa, Telemart & Telenews. 7 Global & 2 National Award Winner. Jury Member for 9 Global Awards, Forbes 30 Under 30 2019, Rising Star by World Retail Congress
- Ms. Anum Kamran, Entrepreneur, eFounder Fellow at Alibaba Group, Mentor, Founder & CEO Buyon.pk