First Corporate Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting
Humanities & Social Sciences Department organized its first Corporate Advisory Committee
(CAC) Meeting on Thursday 13th September in Quaid Block Conference Room from 3.00PM to 5.15 PM.
The purpose of this meeting was to establish link with important stakeholders of the society for taking their point of view regarding our academic programs and curriculum for the better acceptability of our students in the society and competitive job market.
The following Agenda was discussed in this meeting
- Review of BS Economics and Finance Curricula to make it in line with the market trends and industrial needs.
2. Industrial support regarding upcoming challenges of Maritime.
- Assistance of corporate sector in Faculty Development program:
a) Through Short Courses offered by Industrial Experts at BUKC.
b) Through Industrial Exposure of Faculty.
The committee members shown keen interest in the agenda point and presented their candid view point, shared their experiences, gave valuable suggestions. Specially they were unanimous in giving more importance for the inclusion of new technologies and adopting futuristic approach.
Those who participated were:
- Mr. Mian Zahid Hussain: President Pakistan Businessmen & Intellectual Forum
- Dr. Mirza Ikhtiar Baig: Chairman Baig Group of Companies
- Senator Abdul Haseeb Khan: CEO Brooks Pharma
- Prof. Ejaz Farooqi: General Secretary Pakistan Arts Council, Ex. President of KCCA
- Mr. Nadeem Hussain: CEO Planet -N, Ex CEO of Tameer Bank
- Mr. Zafar Mairaj: Eminent Writer, Media person
- Commodore ( R ) S. M. Obaidullah: Defence & Shipping Analyst, First Director of NCMPR
- Mr. Muhammad Uzair: Project Director SMEDA Sindh
Prof. Dr. Bashir Ahmad HoD Humanities & Social Sciences in his opening remarks described the purpose and importance of CAC. Meeting was chaired by eminent businessman Mian Zahid Hussain. Honorable DG Karachi Campus Commodore Arshad M. Khan SI(M) in his concluding remarks thanked the guests for sparing their valuable time and their valuable contribution. The guests assured their cooperation and support for the noble cause.
With the vote of Thanks DG Karachi Campus Commodore Arshad M. Khan SI(M) presented BU souvenir to the worthy guests.