BU SCHOLARSHIP POLICY FOR ALL PROGRAMS EXCEPT MEDICAL & DENTAL COLLEGE STUDENTS
Visit Official Scholarship Site
Download Financial Assistance Form
Bahria University Scholarship Policy has been framed with the objective to assist students with their educational expenses. The University aims to provide equal opportunity for all students to attain their goals/targets regardless of their financial position. Every year the University allocates funds in their budget plan exclusively for awarding scholarship to the deserving students.
Respective Campus Directors hold interviews and shortlist the candidates. Final interviews are conducted by the Central Selection Committee(CSC) as detailed below.
|a.||Rear Admiral Saleem Akhtar HI(M)||Pro-Rector||Chairman Scholarship Committee|
|b.||Ms Sundal Mufti||Dir. Student Affairs||Secretary Scholarship Committee|
|c.||Representative of Campuses||Senior Permanent
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND THEIR ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
HEC Need Based Scholarship Program
Scholarship is based on assessment of need and merit as well as availability of funds. Selection will be decided on the basis of information provided in this form and investigation for the authentication of provided information. Candidate may be required for interview.
Advanced Merit Scholarship
Every year Bahria attracts the brightest pool of students. In order to ensure that the most talented students enter our gates, we have introduced our advanced merit program. Freshmen who have topped their respective Boards will be awarded this scholarship which will entail full tuition fee waiver for the first semester. However, continuation of this in the subsequent semesters will require the student to achieve a GPA of at least 3.75.
- For encouraging the students to achieve and maintain good academic record, Merit Scholarships are offered to the outstanding students of the Bahria University. All students achieving GPA of 4.0 in Semester Examination will be awarded Merit Scholarship equal to 50% of Tuition Fee of the following semester. If there is no student with GPA of 4.0, then the top scorer obtaining a GPA of at least 3.75 will be awarded the same Scholarship. In case of a tie, the student with the higher percentage will get the Scholarship. In case of double tie, all the students will be awarded the Scholarship.
- If there is no student with a GPA of 3.75 then the top scoring student with a minimum GPA of 3.50 will be awarded this Scholarship equal to 40% of the Tuition Fee of the following semester. In case of a tie, the student with the higher percentage will get the Scholarship. In case of double tie, all the students will be awarded the Scholarship.
- Students of all programs are eligible for Merit Scholarship except MBA Executive Program.
Financial Assistance Scholarship
Bahria University has a very caring policy for those students who have serious financial problems to the extent that it may be difficult for them to continue their studies without some financial assistance. Fresh entrants to Bahria University may submit their request for scholarship when they deposited their fee after becoming bonafide students of BU. However, already enrolled students are also eligible to apply. The scholarship once granted in this category remains available to the students for the entire degree programme provided their performance does not fall below CGPA 2.50.
Following are the eligibility criteria to apply for Financial Assistance Scholarship Program:
- Student shall appear before the Central Selection Committee (CSC) to justify financial assistance. Procedure for submission of application is given on Bahria University web site.
- Students have to obtain minimum 2.5 GPA in the first semester and at least 2.5 CGPA in the remaining semesters. If the students fail to maintain 2.5 CGPA in the remaining semesters their scholarship shall be withheld till such time they improve upon their grades.
- For fresh intake, results of their Matric and FA/FSc. will be considered for award of scholarship.
- The students should have at least 80% attendance.
- Students of all programs are eligible for Financial Assistance Scholarship Program except MBA Professionals, MBA Pharma, MBA Maritime & MBA Executives.
Four needy students from each Campus i.e. Karachi Campus & Islamabad Campus, with a minimum GPA/CGPA of 2.0 will be considered for the award of Indigent Scholarship on the recommendation of the Campus DGs/Directors.
LAMUDI Scholarship for Deserving Students
Register Now : Lamudi has launched a scholarship fund to encourage and nurture the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst Pakistani youth and to facilitate them to gain hands-on experience in the private corporate sector.
The Scholarship Program will sponsor one university student from a different university each semester, which will entail a scholarship worth Rs.25,000 and an opportunity to “shadow” the Country Director, Saad Arshed, in the office for a full working day (9am-6pm), to get a glimpse into the post-graduate work environment in a global corporate company.
Saad Arshed, said: “I cannot emphasize enough on the role of education in developing an individual or a nation at large. Lamudi realizes the importance of this tool, especially in our country, which has a 59% literacy rate- amongst the lowest in the world.
Hence, we have launched this scholarship fund to help aspiring students make their dreams a reality and also give them a sneak peek into the real corporate life sector-to prepare them for their future endeavors.”
According to UNESCO’s 2009 Global Education Digest, only 6 percent of Pakistanis were university graduates as of 2007, with the Government’s plans to increase this figure to 10 percent by 2015. Lamudi.pk is playing its role to increase this figure and help deserving students who have access to lesser opportunities, fulfill their education dream.
However, in order to be eligible for this scholarship fund, students need to meet a certain criteria which requires a minimum GPA of 2.7/4 and a majors in economic, engineering, business, IT, marketing, agriculture or other related fields.
Term: One student per semester annually
Amount: PKR 25,000 (per term)
Launched in 2013, Lamudi is a global property portal focusing exclusively on emerging markets. The fast-growing platform is currently available in 32 countries in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America, with more than 800,000 real estate listings across its global network. The leading real estate marketplace offers sellers, buyers, landlords and renters a secure and easy-to-use platform to find or list properties online.
CHANGES IN THE POLICY
The policy document is subject to changes/amendments from time to time depending upon the future requirements and status of funds available for the grant of scholarship.
- The new scholarship policy will stand promulgated w.e.f 15 August-2011.This supersedes all the scholarship policies issued previously.
Various other scholarships are also announced by the University which is being funded by Higher Education Commission and National ICT R&D Fund, Ministry of Information Technology, Government of Pakistan. The list of the scholarships is mentioned hereunder with their URL addresses:
Japanese Need Based Scholarship
View the Complete details: Visit Now
Provision of HEC for Balochistan and FATA
PM National ICT Scholarship
Prime Minister’s National ICT Scholarship Program 2011 (PMNICTP 2011)
For queries, please contact the following:
Director Student Affairs
Bahria University Islamabad
Shangrila Road, Sector E-8, Islamabad
Ph: 051-9260002, Ext: 307/343, E-mail: email@example.com
MONITORING THE BENEFICIARIES OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The Central Scholarship Committee of Bahria University will formally review cases of all scholarship holders every semester for monitoring academic progress as per scholarship policy. It will submit its recommendations to the Rector Bahria University Islamabad for the continuation or otherwise of the scholarship. The respective Campus Directors will send complete semester result of all beneficiaries, to the Central Scholarship Committee. Scholarships of the students, whose performance falls short of the required parameters, may be recommended for discontinuation of the scholars.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Eligibility of students for scholarship shall be subject to following conditions:
- Students of Bahria University in any semester are eligible, subject to the conditions as indicated with respect to their respective category.
- The students have to follow the academic road map with full load.
- Students already in receipt of one scholarship/fee concession are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship.
- Progress of Financial Assistance, Indigent and Merit Based Scholarships will be reviewed every semester as per details given in “Monitoring the Beneficiaries of Scholarships”.
- Students awarded FAS and Indigent Scholarship will be required to undertake on campus job for 10 hours per week specified by Directors/HODs.
- Student availing Naval Award will be considered for Merit Scholarship only.
- Students of MPhil & PhD Programmes will not be considered for any Scholarship.
- Non-merit Scholarship will not be available to students whose education has been fully or partially sponsored by any individual or organization.