|Research Areas||Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks|
|Department||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|University||Bahria University Islamabad Campus|
|Ph.D (Electrical Engineering)||In Progress||City University, London UK|
|MS (Communication System Engineering)||2012||SEECS, NUST|
|BS (Telecom Engineering)||2009||COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad|
|INDUSTRIAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE|
|Lecturer||Jan 16||Present||BAHRIA UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD|
|Research Assistant||Dec 13||Jul 15||FREDERICK RESEARCH CENTER, FREDERICK UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS|
|Research Assistant||Jan 12||Dec 13||SEECS, NUST|
|Teaching Assistant||Feb 11||Jun 11||SEECS, NUST|
|Teaching Assistant||Feb 09||Jan 09||CIIT, ISLAMABAD|
|Intern||Jul 08||Sep 08||PTCL|
|Intern||Jul 07||Aug 07||NATIONAL ENGINEERING & SCIENTIFIC COMMISSION|
1. Waqar Asif, Saad Qaisar, “Energy and Path Aware Clustering Algorithm (EPAC) for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks” ICCSA 2011, Part IV, LNCS 6785, pp. 133–147, 2011.
2. Waqar Asif, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi and Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, “Variable Rate Adaptive Modulation (VRAM) for Introducing Small-World Model into WSNs”47th annual conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS) 2013, pp1-6, 2013.
3. Waqar Asif, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, Muttukrishnan Rajarajanz and Marios Lestas, ”CBDI: Combined Banzhaf & Diversity Index for Finding Critical Nodes”, ,” in IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) 2014, pp. 758–763, Dec 2014.
4. Waqar Asif, Marios Lestas, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, and Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, “Spectral partitioning for node criticality,” in IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (accepted for publication), Jul 2015.
1. Waqar Asif, Muhammad Bilal Qasim, Syed Musa Raza Tirmzi, Usman Muhammad Khan, “Performance Evaluation of WiMAX (802.16) Using Different Encoding Schemes” (IJCSIS) International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2009.
2. Mahzeb Fiaz, Roomana Yousaf, Maryam Hanfi, Waqar Asif, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, Muttukrishnan Rajarajan “Adding the Reliability on Tree Based Topology Construction Algorithms for Wireless Sensor Networks “, Wireless Personal Communication, DOI- 10.1007/s11277-013-1334-2, July 2013 (Impact factor= 0.979).
3. Waqar Asif, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, Adnan Iqbal, Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, ” On the complexity of average path length for biological networks and patterns ”, International Journal of Biomathematics Vol. 7, No. 4 (2014) (Impact factor= 0.633)
4. Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, Adnan Iqbal, Waqar Asif, “Topology Control for Harvesting Enabled Wireless Sensor Networks: A Design Approach”, Wireless Personal Communication, November 2014 (Impact factor= 0.979).
5. Waqar Asif, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, Marios Lestas, “Combined Banzhaf & Diversity Index (CBDI), A Critical Node Detection Metric”, accepted for publication at Journal of Network and Computer Applications. (Impact factor = 2.229)
6. Waqar Asif, Marios Lestas, Hassaan Khaliq Qureshi, and Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, ”Optimization Based Spectral Partitioning for Node Criticality Assessment”, Under review at Transactions on Network Science and Engineering.
- Secured NUST funded tuition fee waiver for MS leading to PhD program.
- Secured a fully-funded scholarship for 18 months under the Erasmus Mundus STRoNG TiES project for grooming my research capabilities at The Frederick University Cyprus.
- Represented NUST at the International Exhibition & Conference on Higher Education, held at Riyadh-KSA in April 2012.
- 3rd Position in Second Semester of BS.
- 1st Position in Third Semester of BS.
- 3rd Position in Fourth Semester of BS.
- 2nd Position in Fifth Semester of BS.
- Pakistan Engineering Council