The mission of this program is to produce professionals in the field of telecom and networking who are not only adept with the modern-day technology but also abreast with the pace of ever expanding knowledge.
The key objectives of the MSTN program include the following.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of telecom and networking and a focused understanding of their area of expertise.
- Apply their knowledge and analytical skills to create effective and novel solutions to both practical and research problems.
- Adapt to rapidly changing technology and engage in life-long learning.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students receiving MS degree in Telecom and Networking should be able to:
- Ability to apply the knowledge and skills acquired during the program to solve practical problems in the fields of Telecommunications and networking.
- Acquaintance with the latest tools and technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral
- Ability to pursue continuous professional development.
- Ability to work on practical and research-based problems collaboratively as well as independently.
- 4 years bachelor’s degree in BS/BCE/BE/B.Sc (Hons) in CS/SE/CE/IT, from HEC recognized university and minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or equivalent as per BU rules
- MCS/M.Sc. (CS) degree with minimum CGPA 2.5/4.0 or equivalent percentage.
NTS GAT/GRE (General)/ University Test passed with 50% marks.
|Total credit hours||30|
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|ESC 701||Research Methodology||3|
|EET 511||Digital Communication Systems||3|
|EET 520||Network Administration and Management||3|
|ISC 512||Computer and Network Security||3|
|EET 556||Mobile Communications and Networking||3|
|EET 519||Distributed Networking||3|
|ESC 502/Elective Code||Thesis/Elective-III||3|
|ESC 502(Continued)/ Elective Code||Thesis/Elective-IV||3|
List of Courses
|SNo.||Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|1.||ISC 512||Computer and Network Security||3|
|2.||EET 556||Mobile Communications and Networking||3|
|3.||EET 511||Digital Communication Systems||3|
|4.||EET 519||Distributed Networking||3|
|5.||EET 520||Network Administration and Management||3|
|1.||ESC 701||Research Methodology||3|
|2.||EET 710||Advance Computer Networks||3|
|3.||EET 523||Communication System Analysis and Design||3|
|4.||EET 549||Advanced Satellite Communication||3|
|5.||EET 560||Telecommunication Network Management||3|
|6.||EET 703||DSP Application in Telecommunication||3|
|7.||EET 705||Broadband Technologies and Components||3|
|8.||EET 706||Advanced Optical Fiber Networks||3|
|9.||EET 707||Telecommunications Business Environment||3|
|10.||EET 717||Network Planning and Evaluation||3|
|11.||EET 751||Antenna and Microwave Engineering||3|
|12.||EET 553||Information Theory and Coding||3|
|13.||EET 756||Telecommunication Switching Systems||3|
|14.||EET 765||Radio Frequency Engineering||3|
|15.||CSC 704||Advanced Cryptography||3|
|16.||CSC 708||Advanced Simulation and Modeling||3|
|17.||CSC 709||Detection and Estimation Theory||3|
|18.||CSC 757||IP Multimedia System||3|
|19.||EET 702||Advanced Network Security||3|
|20.||SEC 604||Blockchain Technology||3|
|21.||EET 752||IoT ARCHITECTURE AND PROTOCOLS||3|
|22.||EET 753||PRIVACY AND SECURITY IN IoT||3|