Bahria University is one of the leading universities of the country. It has signed agreements / MOUs with over 20 universities around the world and the number is growing. There has been repeated exchange of programs and exchange of students among these educational institutes. Bahria University is also committed in providing International Certifications to its students that improves international acceptability and credibility of its students / alumni.
The course contents that are listed below are the ones most suited in the current local and international market scenario. The course contents and the subjects offered may change over a period of time based on Bahria University collaboration with other notable institutes / organizations / International Certifications providers locally and worldwide. However the duration of the degree and the number of courses offered (18-months and 30-credit hours) will stay in line with the policies of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
Semester-wise details of the courses offered are attached below:
|1||MGT 701||Strategic Management:
Contemporary Concepts, Theories
|2||MGT 702||Advanced Research Methodology
and Proposal Development
|3||MGT 703||Advance Marketing Management:
Concept and Applications
|1||MGT 704||Strategic Finance: Concepts and Applications of Contemporary Views||Core||3|
|1||SDR 800||Research Thesis||Core||6|
List of Electives:
|S/No||Codes||Title of the Course||CH|
|1.||MGT 813||Contemporary Issues in International Marketing: Concepts and Applications||3|
|2.||MGT 814||Corporate Governance and Sustainability||3|
|4.||MGT 817||HRM: Concepts and Applications||3|
|5.||MGT 811||Change Management: Concepts and Applications||3|
|6.||MGT 807||Leadership in Organizations: Concepts and Applications||3|
|7.||MGT 835||Organizational Behavior and Management||3|
|8.||MGT 815||Financial Institution Management||3|
|9.||MGT 825||International Business and Economic Perspectives||3|
|10.||MGT 828||Financial Econometrics||3|
Maritime Management (Specialization / Standalone Electives): 3 CH each.
|Course Code||Course Title|
|MTM 101||Introduction to Maritime Industry|
|MTM 230||Introduction to Maritime Law and International Maritime Convention|
|MTM 215||Economics of Sea Transport & International Trade|
|MTM 222||Introduction to Coastal Zone Management|
|MTM 304||Port Operations and Management|
|MTM 306||Shipping Operations and Management|
|MTM 322||Fisheries Resources & Management|
|MTM 401||Coastal Eco-Tourism Development and Management|
|MTM 403||Maritime Innovation & Entrepreneurship|
|MTM 526||Maritime Business: China Pakistan Perspective under CPEC|
|MTM 521||Maritime Business and HRM|
|MTM 527||Maritime Management: Concept and Applications|
|MTM 528||Contemporary Issues of Maritime Management|
|MTM 529||Maritime Management in Pakistan: Past, Present and Future|
|HRM 508||Marine Environments and Administration|
|CLE 401||Chinese Language|
Topics for Research in Maritime Domain for MBA/ MS/MPhil/PhD
- Shipping Industry of Pakistan: Scope and Dimensions for Development in Global and Regional Perspective
- Maritime Education and Research: Employment Scope and Development Avenues in Pakistani Perspective under BRI and CPEC
- Employment and Entrepreneurship Opportunities: Maritime Education and Skill needs of Pakistan in CPEC Scenario of 2025 and Beyond
- Management of Warehouses: New Trends under Technology Dominance, Pakistan a Case in Point
- Marine Oil Spill: Past, Present and Future Status of Pakistani Coastal Protection and Disaster Management
- Port Management under Technology Dominance: Karachi Port Trust and its Significance in
- Pakistan’s Economy
- Port Management under Technology Dominance: The Port Muhammad Bin Qasim and its
- Significance in Pakistan’s Economy
- Effective Cargo Management: Managing Shipping Containers at Pakistani Ports, a Case in Point
- State of Maritime Container Terminals in Pakistan: Significance of Automated Systems
- Shipping Industry in Pakistan: Current Status and its Future in view of CPEC Scenario of 2025-2030
- Issues of Port Safety in Pakistan: Management Risks and Solutions as Per International Standards
- Boat Construction Dynamics in Pakistan: Its significance and Future in View of CPEC Scenario of 2025-2030.
- Gawadar Fish Harbor: Its Significance, Development Prospects and Future under CPEC Expansions
- Maritime Security: Current Status and its Future In view of BRI and CPEC Scenario of 2030.
- Pakistan and China Collaborations for Enhancing Growth of Maritime industry in Pakistan.
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Finance for Sustainable Development and Exploration of Maritime resources.
- Challenges Expected to be Faced By Developing Countries After the Decade of the Ocean (2021-2030)
- Scope and Dimensions of Shipping Industry of Pakistan for Development in Regional and Global Perspective.
- Concept of Smart Port and Cargo Management Practices: Recommendations for Pakistan under CPEC Perspective
- Prospects of Economic Growth and Social Development through Maritime Education in Pakistan
- Smart Shipping, Ports, Transportation and Global Connectivity through BRI and CPEC.
- Role of Gwadar Port in Employment Opportunities, Social Development and Poverty Alleviation.
- Concept of Blue Economy and Opportunities of Growth and Development in Pakistani Perspective under BRI and CPEC
- Sustainable Energy, Mineral Resources and Development of Innovative Industries in Maritime Sector of Pakistan.
- Maritime Safety, Security and Regulatory Policies of Pakistan and Implications under CPEC Development.
- Measuring Impact of Green Supply Chain Management on Corporate Performance of Manufacturing Industries in Gwadar Special Economic Zone (Predicting Future through Mixed Method Approach).
- Forecasting Impact of Green Supply Chain Practices at Gwadar Industrial Zone on Future of Organizational Performances and Businesses.
- Gwadar Industrial Zone in 2040: Supply Chain Management Impacting Financial Outlays of Organizations and their Sustainability.
- Gwadar Industrial Zone in 2040: Comparative Study of Conventional and Green Supply Chain Practices Impacting Organizational Sustainability.
- Supply Chain Management at Transit Points of Gwadar Industrial Zone: Measuring Impact of Technology on Sustainability of Organizations.