The importance of sports in the life of a student is invaluable. It provides them with an opportunity to play a sport they enjoy, while competing against their peers. Not only does it incorporates the necessity of teamwork along-with agility and strength but also instills lessons that are essential in the life of a young student. It empowers the mental and physical health, fosters stamina, relieves mental stress and helps cultivate cooperative skills that are so greatly called for in today's world. These are the characteristics needed to develop a strong and successful life. It also helps in dissuading the students from deviant behavior and plays a pivotal role in the overall development of a student. In today's hectic life, sports provide us with an escape that is not only immensely enjoyable but also keeps us healthy and shaped. It hones ones skills, hand-eye coordination, speed, endurance and overall strength. Involving oneself in competitive sports encourages healthy competition. Taking up captainship in team games inculcates leadership qualities. Playing as a team encourages cooperation among the players.
We at Bahria University believe that there is no better investment than in the future of our young athletes. Our specially designed Sports Programs bear special components that motivate the students to remain in the campus, earn better grades and reinforce the ideals of achieving success more than any other single type of activity.
We, therefore, provide them with the latest facilities of sports the result of which benefits them not only on the fields but long after they step off of it. In the last academic year Bahria University has provided numerous opportunities to our students to participate in International, National and University level sports fixtures.
Following is the list of sports activities participated by Bahria University in year 2009-2011:
- Winner of Zone C, Inter University Basket ball Championship 2009-10 and 2010-11.
- Winner of Zone C, Inter University Hockey Championship 2009-10 and 2010-11.
- Winner of Zone C, Inter University Table Tennis Championship 2009-10 and Runner up 2010-11.
- Winner of Zone C, Inter University Cricket Championship 2010-11.
- Winner FJWU Women Sports Week 2009, in Tennis, badminton held at FJWU, Rawalpindi.
- Runner-up in 50 m free style swimming Inter University Championship 2009 held at University of Agriculture Faisalabad.
- Miss Zahra Omer participated in Table Tennis for 25th World University Games held at Belgrade, Serbia 1st to 12th July 2009.
- Winner of Twin City Basketball tournament 2009 held at EME College Rawalpindi.
- Winner of LUMS National Males Badminton Championship 2009 held at LUMS, Lahore.
Besides having own sports facilities, the University also has access to all Pakistan Navy sports facilities at Karachi and Islamabad, free of cost for its students.