Dr. Khurram Shahzad
Computer Engineering Department
|Status||On Study leave|
|Education||PhD in Electronics|
|Experience||5+ years of Teaching and industrial experience|
|Specialization||Embedded System Design|
A Professor, Researcher and (Hardware/software) Design Engineer with PhD in Electronics, MS in Electrical Engineering with specialization in System-on-Chip. My objective is to contribute towards the development of my country, Pakistan, by applying my knowledge and skills through academic/industrial channels in the fields of Embedded Systems, Signal Processing, and Digital Design for Industrial Automation & Control.
- Embedded systems, System-on-Chip,
- Computer systems
- Wireless Sensors Networks
- Industrial control & automation
- Electronic & Remote management systems
- Energy efficient wireless sensor node architecture for data and computation intensive monitoring application.
- Smart Environment for Energy Aware Sensitive Behavior
Bahria Instititute of Management and Computer Sciences, Bahria University, Islamabad.
Teaching experience of more than 5 years.
- Embedded System Design, 2014-2015, 2005-2006
- Computer Architecture & Organization 2014-2015, 2003-2005
- Microprocessors Architecture, Programming, & Interfacing 2015, 2004-2006
- System Programming (for Windows) 2014
- Programming (C language) 2004-2005
- Linear Circuit Analysis 2015
- Shahzad, K.; Peng Cheng; Oelmann, B., “Architecture Exploration for a High-Performance and Low-Power Wireless Vibration Analyzer,” Sensors Journal, IEEE , vol.13, no.2, pp.670,682, Feb. 2013
- Imran, M.; Shahzad, K.; Ahmad, N.; O’Nils, M.; Lawal, N.; Oelmann, B., “Energy Efficient FPGA based Wireless Vision Sensor Node: SENTIOF-CAM,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. PP, no. 99, June 2014
- Malik, A. W. , Thörnberg, B. , Anwar, Q. , Johansen, T. A. & Shahzad, K. “Real Time Decoding of Color Symbol for Optical Positioning System”, Accepted for publication in the International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 12, PP, no. 2015
1. Shahzad, K.; Peng Cheng; Oelmann, B., “SENTIOF: An FPGA based High-performance and Low-power Wireless Embedded Platform,” Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Krakow, Poland, pp. 901-906, Sep. 2013
2. Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “Investigating Energy Consumption of an SRAM based FPGA for Duty Cycle Applications”, International Conference on Parallel Computing – ParCo2013, pp. 547-560, Munich, Germany, Sep. 2013
3. Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “An FPGA-Based High-Performance Wireless Vibration Analyzer,” NORRCHIP 2013, IEEE Conference on, pp. 1-5, Vilnius, Lithuania, Nov 2013
4. Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “Quantitative Evaluation of an FPGA based Wireless Vibration Monitoring System,” The Eleventh International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems ISWCS’14, pp. 519-524, Barcelona, Spain
5. Shahzad, K.; Oelmann, B., “A Comparative study of in-sensor processing vs. raw data transmission using ZigBee, BLE and Wi-Fi for data intensive monitoring applications,” 8th International Conference on Sensing Technology ICST 2014, pp. 510-516 , Liverpool, UK
6. Muneer, S.; Eriksson, M; Shahzad, K., “Single Frequency Network based Distributed Cooperative Routing with CSMA MAC”, 13th Intl. Conf. on Frontiers of IT, Islamabad, Pakistan. Dec. 2015.
From September 2006 to August 2007 worked in Nokia Siemens Networks, Islamabad as Project Engineer.
During this period, provided technical support for the operation and maintenance of fixed telephony network to Pakistan’s largest telecommunication network, PTCL. As a member of Q&M (Configuration and Management) team, I have been responsible for integrating Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) – newly commissioned as well as those upgraded with enhanced features – to the main network for mobile phone operator, Telenor Pakistan.